Yes plz 46%  46%  [ 13 ]
No plz 46%  46%  [ 13 ]
Dont care 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:22 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

Wow that's creepy. Who would care enough about our little inactive forum to spam us? Or is can some program automatically find PHPBB2 forums on the internet and register/spam them? If so... hey at least our forum is getting some activity =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:02 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

yes..the bots look for things like PHPBB2 on google and find forums that still have the name in the copyright. A few places that use PHPBB have removed that copyright for that reason.

My site was hit my h4x too. Found some code in the source and finally found out how it got there. Something let them put a line of code in my title for the message board. Lots of spaces and then some span tag that had a style to it so it was hidden. Not sure if I got it all cleaned up but the spam has died down a bit.

Ed

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:45 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

hungerfan wrote:
yes..the bots look for things like PHPBB2 on google and find forums that still have the name in the copyright. A few places that use PHPBB have removed that copyright for that reason.

My site was hit my h4x too. Found some code in the source and finally found out how it got there. Something let them put a line of code in my title for the message board. Lots of spaces and then some span tag that had a style to it so it was hidden. Not sure if I got it all cleaned up but the spam has died down a bit.Ed

Keith (Hardfought's owner) & a few HF techies/web finally helped seal the holes in HF's forums fixed, as well as shore up some other problems with the site. I believe the end resolution involved a complete phpBB reinstall, tweaks to the forum code, two or three phpBB plug-ins changes, and a voodoo spell of sorts using Ed's left testicle... Well, that last one might be hard to replicate, but Doogie's might suffice. That would depend, I suppose, upon whether these bots, miners, etc. have a citrus aversion or whether they've got scurvey. :twisted:

Anyhow, I believe that Keith, PUPPY, Catalyst etc., documented almost everything in the HF Web Forum. I think it was around July or September, but I've already spent too much time writing this reply, to a post written months ago, so...

Lata bitches,
Grant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:21 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

Your first post in three months and you reply to this dinosaur of a thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:39 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

Suck. wrote:
...Doogie's might suffice. That would depend, I suppose, upon whether these bots, miners, etc. have a citrus aversion or whether they've got scurvey. :twisted:

Heh.. that was pretty funny.

You killed Billy! You bastards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:20 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

thanks for the heads up Suck!

I found some things at the PhPBB community page and did some of my own tweaks so that on two of my forums the new users can be added but I must validate them. since anyone using the forum will usually talk to myself or one of the other users first I dont have to check on it much. the memberlist has been set up so only active users are shown and that keeps the google bot from indexing the page with all the spam crap on it.

I have yet to do these change son my hunger site because it would be a bigger pain going through and determining if someone was legit or not before giving them active status. Instead I just try and delete the spammers as they hit and I have a few moderators that delete posts.

Ed

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer