Beer for Breakfast

Game Servers
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Should ppl who manipulate stats be banned?
Perma ban them. 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
Temp ban them for a week or two. 76%  76%  [ 25 ]
No punishment should be given. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:44 am 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

SixTen wrote:
The thing is, no matter what the situation, among friends, people on the server, wherever...everyone is going to take it differently...racial slurs mean different things to pretty much everyone....for an African American he may associate the word with the time he was called a Ni**er just before a brick was dropped on his head...so obviously he won't take to lightly to hearing it again...a Mexican girl may have been called a Sp*c just before she was raped....same thing...no one is ever going to agree with the "Correct or Incorrect" time to say a certain word...

Yeah, I know! There was this one time that someone said "Hello!" to me right before he kicked me in the balls. Therefore I associate the word "hello" with some dude kicking me in the nuts, and I'll thank you kindly to never use the word again. If you do use it, I'll be offended. If you offend me with your speech, then you're an ignorant bastard who must have your freedom of speech removed by force. Hmmm...what's the number for the nearest Gestapo office, again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:14 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

555-1337

You killed Billy! You bastards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:16 pm 
a drunk
a drunk

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:19 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

he has a point deac, and making en extreme example out of it is just lame, you could do that with just about anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:25 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

His point is no more valid than mine. Everyone needs to brush the chips from their shoulders and step down from their high horses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:40 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

his point IS more valid becasue it's not totally ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:46 am 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

totally rediculous being a relative word in itself... you could have really hurt Deac's feelings there Billy. I think you should ban yourself from the forums to teach yourself a lesson, ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:04 am 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

Yes, I agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:35 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

racial slurs like all words are a matter of perspective. i think that's the point deacon was trying to make. now don't get me wrong i wanna make sweet sweet love to sixxy, but i think, that if someone dumb enough to assosiate any word with an action that immediately preceded and/or proceded said word, is a righteous ass. just becuase some asshole said hello once and kicked deacon in the balls (that was me by the way, though it wasn't a kick, it was a punch, that's as high as i reach) doesn't mean that he must be offended or scared for the saftey of his balls. either way i think STICK AND STONES my brothas. i don't get offended til some truly treats me different. now here the one exapple i will provide(this is fairly long, so bear with me.)

just before new years of 2000, my friend albert and i were on our way to nawlins. a ways after houston i realized that i needed gas, so i pulled over in a town called VIDOR TX ( i know i know, but i didn't know at the time. and for those that don't vidor is the kkk capital). there was a sign on the highway that said the normal gas/food/lodging so i followed the sign and found a gas station. now i found it a bit peculiar that there were no gas stations around the interstaes and i had to drive about 1 1/2 miles to reach it, but hey, i need gas so fuck it. i pull in to the gas station and my friend albert says he'll pump, so i go inside and commence to browse the soda and juice section(i need something to mix with the alchohol that we had). i picked up a few thing and headed for the counter, and as i was doing that i looked outside and noticed my fried waving at me with a wierd expression. so i blow it of thinking no big thing right? i put the juice and soda on the counter and the guy tells me i owe him 8.50. now that's got me thinkin, as i look through my wallet. i swore i picked near 5 bucks worth of drinks and surely a full tank costs in excess of 20 dollas.
so then i say," are you sure that the correct total?"
and the guy say,"that's right MEXICAN, we don't care for your SPIC likes around here, nor your HIPPIE friend." which gets me to turn and look at albert who's sitting in my truck waving at me to come on. when i turn back around the guy at the counter has a 12 guage about 2 feet from my chest. i put 10 on the counter picked up my shit and got the fuck out. now on the way back up the road that led back to i-10 i notice that the string of billboards that odly had nothing on them were in reality the back s of billboards that listed shit like the following:
three black me burned to death, witnessed by five people..no one charged.
sheriff's deputy fatally wound 5 year old.... appointed captain.

needless to say i was scared shitless and i didn't stop to fill up with gas til i got to LA. now don't get me wrong i don't mind being called and racial slurs even when they may apply to my particular nationality, but when this guy said that shit i knew he was serious, especially when it's followed up by a shotgun.

so hopefully my story makes the point i was trying to make. basically i understand that racial slurs are oftend in good natured ribbin, but other times they definitely are not(this is the part in which i agree with deacon). even thought that asshole put a gun to me and told me get the fuck out, doesn't mean that i'm gonna be pissed at all white guys that call me mexican or spic or anything else. i was and forever will be able to realize when someone means it by the context in which they use the slurs(still agreeing with deac here)but (and there's always a 'but', right?), on the in type it's impossible to read voice inflection(this is where i agree with six and OMG NO i agree with billy to some extent.) that is why i believe that i should be the only able to use racial slurs :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:04 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

Are you drunk again?

Ed

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:11 pm 
a drunk
a drunk

Hoju wrote:
racial slurs like all words are a matter of perspective. i think that's the point deacon was trying to make. now don't get me wrong i wanna make sweet sweet love to sixxy, but i think, that if someone dumb enough to assosiate any word with an action that immediately preceded and/or proceded said word, is a righteous ass. just becuase some asshole said hello once and kicked deacon in the balls (that was me by the way, though it wasn't a kick, it was a punch, that's as high as i reach) doesn't mean that he must be offended or scared for the saftey of his balls.

The point I was trying to make by using a simple example was that the use of those words are 9 times out of 10 said in a hateful way in regards to the person to whom they are spoken to....so they conjure those "types" of thoughts to them...hate. Now on the other hand, 9.9 times out of 10, when someone says Hello, they are NOT saying it in a hateful way...so to use that example of Hoju Kicking (punching) Deac in the nuts after he said Hello to him is ludicrous (said with a Mike Tyson lisp).

ps...I wanna make sweet sweet love to Hoju as well

Six

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:17 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

words mean nothing. Actions are all that count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:27 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

does "racial slurs" include calling me French? I'm really a sensitive guy, you know.

:cry:

You killed Billy! You bastards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:39 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

holy fuck, sam..

just.. holy fuck.

i would have snapped, after i left there, dude. seriously. mother fucker pulls a gun on me, and *just shakes head*.. damn. i am STILL pissed about this cop that pulled a gun on me like 10 years ago, i'd hate to think what would be going through my mind if some dipshit clerk did it. so why was your friend waving all that time? did he know something you didn't? wtf?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:30 pm 
1337 h4X0r
1337 h4X0r

yeah a couple "rednecks" had passed by and called him a hippie. then they turned around and passed by agan pointing what he thought to be a bb gun, but i told him it probabably wasn't. i didn't tell him about the gun until we got the fuck outta there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next